Backpack, boots and love for nature
We present some itineraries proposed by Hotel Cristallo
The variety of the landscapes, long paths, fields in bloom and alpine lakes. The clear and fizzy air you can breathe will make you feel in another world, all to discover…A vacation in Alta Badia, on the Dolomites of South Tyrol: alpine landscapes, the unique natural and cultural scenery of the world, a perfect symbiosis between tradition and modernity.
For lovers of the outdoors we offer excursions, walks and climbing routes for all tastes and abilities:
SASSONGHER - GARDENACCIA
- From the last houses of Colfosco we go up the valley of Edelweiss along the path nr. 4 to the junction.
- We continue on nr. 7 in direction of Sassongher (2435 m). Is a climb of approx. 2.5 hours, altitude of 790 meters.
- From here we continue on a path nr. 5, quite narrow and slightly downhill until we will reach the refuge Gardenaccia
for approx. 1.5 hours. Along the trail we stop for lunch.
- Then we go down a beautyful path to get up to Fontanaccia then directly to the Hotel for approx. 1.5 hours.
Duration of the entire route: 5.5 hours
Difficulty: easy but quite tiring (790 mt. Altitude difference!)
Lunch: You must bring a packed lunch because we will arrive to the hut Gardenaccia in the afternoon.
- We start at 8.30 with our shuttle to Falzarego.
- From Falzarego we set off along the path nr. 441, a slight and steady climb.
- After approx. two hours to arrive Averau Refuge, where we go to the Refuge Nuvolao,
which we reach after approx. 40 min. walking. Here we stop for lunch.
- Then it goes back on path. 440 by passing the Averau from the right side, heading towards the Refuge Squirrels.
- From here you can see the 5 Towers closely. The path of return lasts approx. 2 hours.
Duration: approx. 4.5 hours
Difficulty: medium / easy
Vertical drop: 525 m
"CROSSING NATURAL PUEZ PARK bY P. GARDENA - LONGIARU"
- The shuttle brings us to Gardena pitch starting at 08.30 am in front of the hotel.
- From the pass Gardena we walk the path to the No. 2. Climb to the pass and follow with the pass Crespeina. The first stretch of walking, about 1 hour, is uphill.
- After which we go down on the plateau of Crespeina until reaching the Forcella Ciampai.
- From here we cross the plateau Puez to the Puez Puez refuge (refuge Puez expected to arrive in about 3.5 hours walk) where we stop for lunch on the trail from the shelter Puez proseguamo no. 6 slightly uphill to the fork of Puez (about half an hour) and then we descent through a ravine in the hills of Antersass until you reach the road that leads to Longiarù is where we expected our shuttle.
Duration: The entire route is about 6 hours
FANES NATURAL PARK
- We start with our shuttle at 8.30 assigned Capanna Alpina.
- From Alpine hut we set off along the route. 11 towards the Col de Locia. This first section of approx. 1 hour is uphill and is the hardest part of the entire path.
- Reached the Col de Locia the trail becomes flat. We cross the plateau of Alm Fanes Grande to reach the hut of the shepherd and then the Lake Limo (2160 m - the highest point). Then we descend to the Fanes hut where we stopped for lunch (about 13:00). After lunch we return to the Capanna Alpina.
- For those who wish to shorten the route, there is the possibility of stopping at the hut of the shepherd. This will reduce the journey time of 2 hours.
Duration: Round 3 hours, 2.5 hours return